Time to Renew?
No one looks forward to that reminder in the mail telling you it’s time to renew your Colorado tags, but what if renewing your plates felt less like a chore, and more like a treat? Switch to CSU plates and feel like you're getting something for your money this year!
License plates are available to Colorado residents who make a one-time, $100 donation to the Alumni Association supporting the Legacy Scholarship Fund and the Alumni Traditions Fund. Your gift may be tax-deductible.
Step 1: Order your plates
You can purchase your plates anywhere, anytime, even at the DMV!
• In person. Stop by the Alumni Association:
• Fort Collins: 701 W. Pitkin St.
• Denver: 475 17th St., Suite 100
• By phone. (800) 286-2586 or (970) 491-6533
Phone and mail-in orders allow a minimum of 10 business days to process and receive certificate via U.S. mail
Step 2: Take your license plate certificate to your county DMV
Once order is complete, you will receive an Organizational License Plate Approval Certificate. Your certificate MUST be presented to the county motor vehicle office to receive your Colorado State University plates. Certificate may be presented on your smartphone or tablet if received electronically. Your local county motor vehicle office will assess a $50 one-time fee in addition to regular registration fees.
Step 3: Get your plates
CSU license plates will be mailed to the customer 7 - 10 days after presenting the certificate at the DMV. The customer will need to activate the license plates upon arrival through the DMV. A temporary tag will be issued to customers who make a purchase on the last day of the month.
• Certificates do not expire. Purchase now, get your plates anytime. Limit one certificate per donation.
• Certificates presented at the DMV must read the name of the person claiming the plate for their vehicle. If you purchase plates as a gift, please note the recipient's information in the comments section on the order form.
• Replacement certificates will not be issued.
• Additional license plate certificates require a $100 donation per plate.
• For additional questions, contact Kevin Wixson at (800) 286-2586.