Rams Leading Rams
Rams Leading Rams
Professional Development Symposium for Liberal Arts Students
Tuesday, April 5, 1-5 p.m.
Lory Student Center
Are you ready for work?
CSU alumni will share helpful insights about the transition from college to career in this free, half-day conference. You can attend one or more sessions, based on what works best for you. Students can select to attend one, two, or all three breakout sessions.
Schedule at a Glance
12:30 – 3 p.m. Student and presenter check-in
1 p.m. Session One
- Why Every Employer Hires Liberal Arts Students: Understanding your Unique Skills & Value in the Workplace (panel format)
- Tips for standing out to an admissions committee when applying to graduate school
- Getting What You’re Worth: Negotiating a Competitive Salary
1:50–2 p.m. Break
2 p.m. Session Two
- Managing Your Finances: Budgeting, Conquering Student Loan Debt, and Planning for Long-term Financial Goals
- Connect to your Entrepreneurial and Creative Spirit: Exploring Non-Traditional Work (panel format)
- Diversity in the Workplace: Creating a positive professional image while maintaining your personal identity
2:50–3 p.m. Break
3 p.m. Session Three
- Exploring a Gap Year: Maximize Your Time after Graduation with Purpose & Meaning (panel format)
- Developing an Authentic Online Presence: Utilizing LinkedIn and Social Media for Networking in the Professional World (panel format)
- Tales from the C-suite: Lessons from Leadership
3:50–4 p.m. Break
4–6 p.m. Meet and Greet Reception, Lory Student Center Theatre
An informal opportunity to build professional contacts, learn about potential careers, and gain advice from alumni who have experienced the transition from college to career. Refreshments will be provided!
4:15–4:45 p.m. Making Your Dreams into Reality… Because Y.O.L.O.
For Alumni: Rams Leading Rams Meet and Greet
4-6 p.m., Lory Student Center Theatre
Chat with graduating members of the Rams family and help them build professional contacts. The keynote speaker will be Joe Akmakjian ('13), National Goodwill Ambassador for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.