Due to ongoing concerns and preventative measures regarding COVID-19, all stadium tours have been canceled. Additional stadium tour dates will be announced at a later date.
For a running list of other impacted events and their current status, please click here.
Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center
Serving as a place of pride when 228,000 Colorado State University alumni return to campus.
Your New Home on Campus
Located on the northeast corner of the stadium, the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center pays tribute to all that makes us proud to be Colorado State University Rams. It is a place for alumni, students, family, and friends to gather and celebrate.
The Smith Alumni Center is approximately 20,000 square feet and is located at the northeast corner of Canvas Stadium. Mindock Hall features interactive storytelling about Colorado State University and its alumni, utilizing seven touch screens, a 9‐screen video wall, and vibrant graphics.
In addition to housing the CSU Alumni Association staff offices, the facility has approximately 7,300 square feet of meeting and event space. This includes a fully appointed board room seating 26, an event hall featuring a fireplace, and two seminar rooms. The Association will be hosting numerous events in the center year‐round and it will be available to the public as rentable space. Click here to plan your event today!
Rudy and Kay Garcia Alumni Collaboration Room
Equipped with internet, a printer, and charging stations, the Garcia Alumni Collaboration Room lends itself to alumni passing through as a quiet work area to catch up on things. The room's table and chairs also make it the perfect place for small meetings while on campus. Click here to reserve today.
Share Your Story
The Ann Gill Storytelling booth provides an opportunity for alumni and guests to record their CSU memories on video and share those with family and friends via Web, e‐mail, Facebook, and Twitter. See what others are sharing here: https://csualumni.videobooth2.tv/.
CAM the Ram
CAM the Ram will have a designated outdoor location on the east side of the Smith Alumni Center. This is where Rams fans will find CAM and the Ram Handlers on game day and for special events throughout the year.
A Tradition Renewed
The original Old Main Bell hangs in the Jim & Nadine Henry Family Tower at the north entrance of the Smith Alumni Center. After its mysterious return some ninety‐seven years after its disappearance, the Associated Students of Colorado State University (ASCSU) generously paid to have the bell refurbished and will work alongside the Alumni Association to bring back the tradition of the bell for Rams victories and to commemorate special University occasions.
The Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center will also open four hours prior to kickoff. Watch college football games on our giant video wall, explore CSU stories through interactive touch screens, and get your photo with CAM the Ram (just outside the center). Beer, wine, and food are available for purchase and the stadium's clear bag policy is in effect. The alumni center will close 30 minutes prior to kickoff, just in time for the ringing of the Old Main Bell just outside the main entrance.
Smith Alumni Center Address & Parking
The Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center is located at 701 W. Pitkin St., on the northeast corner of Canvas Stadium. Visit http://pts.colostate.edu/ for parking information, including a parking map of campus (under the parking services tab). Most “A” and “Z” lots (which you will see on the map) end enforcement at 4 p.m. on weekdays; there are a few near the stadium. If you are arriving before 4, there are metered parking spaces near the library in lot 425 and in the Lake St. Parking Garage. Always be sure to check signage at the lot for special enforcement!
CSU stadium Tours
All public stadium tours are scheduled through and led by the CSU Alumni Association. Each tour will start in the Smith Alumni Center and give visitors a look into Canvas Stadium. The tour covers about a mile of ground, making stops at the Smith Alumni Center, the New Belgium Porch, the Indoor Club level, the Stadium Club level, the Markley Family Hall of Champions, and the offices for CSU Football operations.
Tours are offered by request Monday-Friday throughout the year. Guests must sign up for tours in advance by clicking the “Register” button below as tours cannot be requested on-site the day of. Tour times are subject to change and tours will not be available the day before a home football game.
For groups larger than 8, please contact (970) 491-6533 or SmithAlumniCenter@colostate.edu.
Please be aware of the following info before booking your tour:
- Tours will begin in the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center; please check in at the Smith Alumni Center front desk 10 minutes before your scheduled tour start time. The tour will begin immediately at the scheduled time and will not be able to accommodate guests arriving late. Please take into account the amount of time it may take for you to travel from your parking space to the Smith Alumni Center.
- The Smith Alumni Center does not have tour parking. Please visit CSU's parking website to explore all parking and transportation options, including nearby pay-to-park lots and alternative transportation options to campus.
- The walking tour is approximately 60 minutes with an accessible route that can accommodate those with accessibility and mobility needs. Please note that the tour covers a lot of distance in the stadium over the course of an hour, so it may not be ideal for all individuals. The Alumni Association is not able to provide guests wheelchairs or strollers at this time, but you may bring your own.
- Because the stadium is a multi-use facility, housing multiple departments and accommodating rentals and events, access to any particular area is not guaranteed. We will work hard to provide you with the best tour possible!
- Tour guests must follow the stadium clear bag policy, which prohibits bags and backpacks over a certain size. No exceptions will be made. The Alumni Association is not able to hold bags for guests during tours, so please plan ahead. Please call (970) 491-6533 for more information.
Thank you, Iris & Michael Smith
We're profoundly thankful and inspired by a $13 million gift for scholarships and facilities from energy entrepreneur Michael Smith that includes $3.5 million for the new multipurpose on-campus stadium project. The Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center within the stadium will be home to the University’s 215,000 living alumni. Read more about the impact of these generous donations.
Be Part of the Story
The Smith Alumni Center will be funded through private support. Click the button below to give now or for more information about being involved in the project, contact Executive Director Kristi Bohlender at (970) 491-6533 or email@example.com.
Historic Treasure Returns to Campus
The long-lost Old Main Bell will ring once again on CSU’s campus in the Jim and Nadine Henry Family Tower, near the entrance of the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center. The bell was unveiled in a public celebration held outside the alumni center on April 18.