Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center
Welcoming you home fall 2017
Serving as a place of pride when 215,000 Colorado State University alumni return to campus.
Your New Home on Campus is Now Open
Located on the northeast corner of the stadium, the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center pays tribute to all that makes us proud to be Colorado State University Rams. It is a place for alumni, students, family, and friends to gather and celebrate.
The Smith Alumni Center is approximately 20,000 square feet and is located at the northeast corner of CSU’s Multipurpose Stadium. Mindock Hall features interactive storytelling about Colorado State University and its alumni, utilizing seven touch screens, a 9‐screen video wall, and vibrant graphics.
Host Your Next Event
In addition to housing the CSU Alumni Association staff offices, the facility has approximately 7,300 square feet of meeting and event space. This includes a fully appointed board room seating 26, an event hall featuring a fireplace, and two seminar rooms. The Association will be hosting numerous events in the center year‐round and it will be available to the public as rentable space. Check back soon for more info!
Share Your Story
The Ann Gill Storytelling booth provides an opportunity for alumni and guests to record their CSU memories on video and share those with family and friends via Web, e‐mail, Facebook, and Twitter. See what others are sharing here: www.csualumnistories.videobooth.tv.
CAM the Ram
CAM the Ram will have a designated outdoor location on the east side of the Smith Alumni Center. This is where Rams fans will find CAM and the Ram Handlers on game day and for special events throughout the year.
A Tradition Renewed
The original Old Main Bell hangs in the Jim & Nadine Henry Family Tower at the north entrance of the Smith Alumni Center. After its mysterious return some ninety‐seven years after its disappearance, the Associated Students of Colorado State University (ASCSU) generously paid to have the bell refurbished and will work alongside the Alumni Association to bring back the tradition of the bell for Rams victories and to commemorate special University occasions.
The Smith Alumni Center will be open on home game weekends, starting with a Football Friday happy hour from 4‐7 p.m. On game day, our Aggie Zone tailgate will also be open for four hours prior to kick‐off. All events are free and open to the public. Food and beverage will be available for purchase.
Smith Alumni Center Parking
Visit http://pts.colostate.edu/ for parking information, including a parking map of campus (under the parking services tab). Most “A” and “Z” lots (which you will see on the map) end enforcement at 4 p.m. on weekdays; there are a few near the stadium. If you are arriving before 4, there are metered parking spaces near the library in lot 425 and in the Lake St. Parking Garage. Always be sure to check signage at the lot for special enforcement!
CSU stadium Tours
All public stadium tours are scheduled through and led by the CSU Alumni Association. Each tour will start in the Smith Alumni Center and give visitors a fun look at CSU’s on-campus stadium.
Tours are offered Monday-Friday throughout the year. Tour times are subject to change, and tours will not be available the day before a home football game.
For groups larger than 8, please contact Manager of Alumni Center Guest Relations and Event Services Matt Flick at (970) 491-7849 or email Matt.Flick@colostate.edu.
Please be aware of the following info before booking your tour:
- Tours will begin in the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center; please check in at the Smith Alumni Center front desk 20 minutes before your scheduled tour start time. The tour will begin immediately at the scheduled time and will not be able to accommodate late arriving guests. Please take into account the amount of time it may take for you to arrive at the Smith Alumni Center from your parking area.
- The Smith Alumni Center does not have tour parking. Please visit CSU's parking website to explore all of your options, including nearby pay to park lots and alternative transportation options to campus.
- The walking tour is approximately 60 minutes with an accessible route that can accommodate those with accessibility and mobility needs. Please note that the tour covers a lot of distance in the stadium over the course of an hour, so it may not be ideal for all individuals. The Alumni Association is not able to provide guests wheelchairs or strollers at this time, but you may bring your own.
- Because the stadium is a multi-use facility, housing multiple departments and accommodating rentals and events, access to any particular area is not guaranteed. We will work hard to provide you with the best available tour!
- Tour guests must follow the stadium clear bag policy, which prohibits bags and backpacks over a certain size. No exceptions will be made. The Alumni Association is not able to hold bags for guests during tours, so please plan ahead. Please call (970) 491-6533 for more information.
Thank you, Iris & Michael Smith
We're profoundly thankful and inspired by a $13 million gift for scholarships and facilities from energy entrepreneur Michael Smith that includes $3.5 million for the new multipurpose on-campus stadium project. The Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center within the stadium will be home to the University’s 215,000 living alumni. Read more about the impact of these generous donations.
Be Part of the Story
The Smith Alumni Center will be funded through private support. Click the button below to give now or for more information about being involved in the project, contact Executive Director Kristi Bohlender at (970) 491-6533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Historic Treasure Returns to Campus
The long-lost Old Main Bell will ring once again on CSU’s campus in the Jim and Nadine Henry Family Tower, near the entrance of the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center. The bell was unveiled in a public celebration held outside the alumni center on April 18.