Get Your Lifetime Alumni E-mail Account
Alumni can sign up for an @alumni.colostate.edu e-mail address. Please note that this offering is only available to graduates of Colorado State University. The @alumni account will include advertising from Google.
If you graduated in spring 2013 or later, you were automatically enrolled for an @alumni e-mail address. Please follow the "Instructions for 2013 and Later Graduates" below.
If you graduated before 2013, please follow the "Creating a Lifetime E-mail Account" instructions below.
If you have any difficulty registering or logging in, please contact the Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 286-2586.
If you have additional questions, such as how to access your account from Outlook or a smart phone, please read the FAQ at https://advancing.colostate.edu/community/lifetime_email_faq.asp.
You may also contact us at ADVCommunity@ua.colostate.edu.
Instructions for 2013 and later graduates
If you graduated in the spring of 2013 (or later) your @alumni.colostate.edu account was created for you. All you need to do is create a password, log in, and transfer over any information you want to keep from your @rams.colostate.edu account.
Your @rams account expires within a year of graduation, so do this transfer soon!
You must create a password. Go to http://alumnimail.colostate.edu. Log in with your CSU eID and choose a new password for your lifetime e-mail account. Your eID is required to start this process and your eID will last for one year after graduation, so you have one year to do this step.
Once you’ve set your password, you can access your e-mail via http://mail.alumni.colostate.edu. Log in with [firstname.lastname13] and your new password.
The first time you do this, you will also be asked to select your preferred language, type a security word, and accept Google’s terms and conditions.
Please note that http://mail.alumni.colostate.edu is the only URL for signing in on the web. You will not be able to sign on to mail.rams like you did as a student, and you will not be able to sign on Google’s general Gmail page.
If you’d like to connect with a smartphone or mobile device, or with Microsoft Outlook, read the FAQ for instructions.
Your [username]@rams.colostate.edu address will expire one year from graduation. If you want to continue using the Google Apps service under the colostate.edu domain, you will need to manually transfer the information from your @rams.colostate.edu account to an @alumni.colostate.edu account.
Creating a lifetime e-mail account
Follow the steps below to create a lifetime e-mail account only if you graduated before 2013. If you already have an account, log in at mail.alumni.colostate.edu.
Before registering for an alumni e-mail account, you must authenticate as a graduate of CSU. Choose one of the following ways.
- If you are a recent graduate or employee with an active eID, log in with your e-name and password. Note: Your eID is not your student ID number. Your eID is a shortened version of your name, such as jsmith.
- If you do not have an active eID or a Donor Connect account, you will need to create a CSU Donor Connect account. This account wil give you access to the lifetime e-mail address, your personal CSU giving history, electronic receipts, and future features. If you have already created a CSU Donor Connect account, log in with your CSU Donor Connect username and password. Once logged in, you will be directed to the Lifetime E-mail registration page. See Step 2 - Registration.
Follow these instructions to create a CSU Donor Connect account:
- Access the CSU Donor Connect registration page.
- Fill in the information requested, including your legal first and last name, date of birth, and most recent grad year.
- Type in the CSU Mailing Code. This is a ten-digit ID number (for example, 0000012345) printed on most mailings sent to you by Colorado State University, such as the Colorado State Magazine. If you cannot find it, or would like assistance, please contact ADVCommunity@ua.colostate.edu.
- Once you are authenticated, you will be prompted to create a CSU Donor Connect account. Note: This is not your lifetime e-mail account but your access to the CSU Donor Connect community. You will not need to use this account to access your e-mail, but you can use this account to view your giving history, electronic receipts, and more.
- Create a username and password, choose a security question and answer (for lost passwords), and type your existing e-mail address.
- Once the CSU Donor Connect account is created, you can log in and click Lifetime E-mail to go to the e-mail account creation page. See Step 2 - Registration.
Once authenticated via one of the two steps above, you will be redirected to the Lifetime E-mail account creation page.
- Type an e-mail username. [username]@alumni.colostate.edu
This name must be unique among registered users of the @alumni.colostate.edu domain (only one person can have CAM@alumni.colostate.edu!). Once a name has been chosen, it cannot be modified.
- Type and confirm the password.
- By default, the newly created e-mail account will become your default e-mail address for future e-communications from Colorado State University. You may uncheck this box.
- Click Register. (If the username is already in use, you must specify a new one.) The registration confirmation and sign-in page will appear, which lists your account and a link to the main sign-in screen. See Step 3 - Access Your Account.
To access your account,
- Click the sign-in link: http://mail.alumni.colostate.edu
Note: The @alumni.colostate.edu CSU Google accounts must use this link. You cannot sign in to a Gmail account using your CSU username and password.
- Type in your username and password. Make sure to use your lifetime e-mail username and password, and not your Donor Connect username and password. These are not the same.
- Select your preferred language.
- Type the security word.
- Review Google's terms and conditions and either accept or cancel the terms.
- Begin using your new @alumni.colostate.edu e-mail account!
If you had an @rams.colostate.edu e-mail account, your must manually transfer over your contacts, stored e-mail, docs, etcetera. This does not happen automatically. Please do this before your account expires (one year after graduation).